Senior Citizen Privileges
- If I will pay using my credit card, am I still entitled to get a senior citizen discount?
Yes. Just present your Senior Citizen’s Card and Booklet.
- Can I consume the entire P 1,300.00 worth of groceries on a single item only?
No. It shall be spent on at least four (4) kinds of grocery items listed under section 2(a) of JAO 10-02 Series of 2010.
- Do establishments have the right to refuse to give SC discount on senior citizens bearing a card issued in a different municipality?
No. All senior citizen cards should be honored in all establishments in any municipality within the Philippines.
- Can the SC discount apply on top of the special promotional discounted price of select commodities?
No. The SC discount will not be applied on top of the special promotional discounted price. Instead, the senior citizen can avail whichever discount is higher.
- Is a senior citizen entitled to avail a special discount on newly manufactured & imported products?
Yes, as long as it is included in the basic necessities and prime commodities enumerated in JAO 10-02 Series of 2010.
- Can a senior citizen send a representative to purchase goods on his/her behalf?
Yes, provided that such representative present the following:
- An authorization letter signed by the senior citizen whom he/she represents;
- OSCA ID and OSCA-issued purchase booklet of the senior citizen; and
- A valid government-issued ID card of the representative