"Build. Link. Transform. Connecting MSMEs, Creating Opportunities.”
Negosyo Center clients comprise the entire breadth of the country’s economic structure -- the MSMEs, as well as the large companies. Considered as the engines of the Philippine economy, they drive businesses, create jobs, and transform the lives of the ordinary Filipino. Ensuring their growth will indubitably create ripple effects that will positively impact towards nation-building. This includes initiatives on capacity-building, enterprise development and linkaging, to name but a few. Thus, the theme - "Build. Link. Transform. Connecting MSMEs, Creating Opportunities."
- Capacitate the counsellors and program partners. Business Counsellors and program partners must be equipped with relevant knowledge and skills that they may ably perform their tasks and responsibilities. They are called upon as well to capacitate themselves with the latest advances in technology, that they may deliver the needed services to their MSME clients. To realize this, the following capacity-building activities will be conducted:
- Business Counsellors' Conference (Business Counsellors)
- Learning Sessions (Business Counsellors, MSMEs, OFWs, and LGUs/program partners)
- Promote entrepreneurship. Through a more in-depth yet wider exposure to possible business opportunities for MSMEs, and by having been capacitated with the needed tools to improve their delivery of services, Business Counsellors will be well-equipped with relevant information that will enable them to better appreciate and promote the value of entrepreneurship to their clients. The activities that are lined up include the following:
- Negosyo Fair 2017 (open to public)
- Inclusive Business: Mini Reverse Fair and Business Matching (open to public)
- Business Talks (open to public)
- Kapatid Mentor Me Launch (NCR-Mandaluyong City MSMEs)
- Share new strategies, while building camaraderie. Learning from the experts will provide the platform with which to improve further the operations of one’s center. The sharing of new strategies will enable Business Counsellors to have valuable inputs which they can utilize in their respective centers, thus raise the level of service delivery in most, if not all, of the Negosyo Centers throughout the country. Highly engaging learning activities to be conducted is the
- Design Challenge (Business Counsellors)
- DTI and DOST Convergence (Regional Directors of DTI and DOST)
Negosyo Fair 2017 is a week-long event that intends to gather thousands of MSMEs and would-be entrepreneurs, and regional Negosyo Center stakeholders. It is a venue where series of activities are lined up zeroing on capacity-building -- adopting technology to increase productivity, sharing new strategies to improve operations, as well as entrepreneurship appreciation. The theme, "Build. Link. Transform. Connecting MSMEs, Creating Opportunities", rightfully captures the purpose of the whole event.
1. Negosyo Fair
A Business Exhibit featuring different business opportunities which MSMEs can readily go into, and Business Counsellors can learn from. It will showcase business ventures with low capital requirements and well-known brands, as well as tested products and business technologies that are ready for commercialization.
- Business Models/Packages. The event will be participated by companies engaged in franchising, direct selling, digital businesses, distributorship, online selling and other business packages.
- Inclusive Business: Mini Reverse Fair and Business Matching. Taking the Big Brother approach to a new level, the activity taps the large companies by strongly encouraging them to source their supply and/or service requirements – which are large in volume – from local suppliers in the regions, instead of sourcing these outside of the country. In so doing, these companies help boost the local economy by encouraging the expansion of existing businesses and the creation of new ones. This in turn generates new jobs, and helps increase the people’s standard of living
- DOST's RDI Technologies. The Department of Science and Technology's RDI business products and technologies looking for takers, all of which were the result of thorough study and research, and have the potentials to succeed. These however need to be promoted, given the still limited number which found their way into the market.
- Negosyo Center and Innovation Hub (mock-up) will be set-up to assist MSMEs and can be used for business meetings and presentations by the exhibitors/business models.
2. Learning Sessions
- Offline to Online for MSMEs (6 sessions)
There is a need to partner with telcos like PLDT and Globe to continue on our efforts that we collectively did last year - Seminar on Expanding Your Business Thru E-commerce, to take it to the next level thru interactive learning workshops.
- Kapatid Mentor Me (DTI-NCR)
- A dynamic platform on which to harness the entrepreneurial mindset and business know-how of MSMEs to enable them to scale up and sustain their businesses. This is done thru personalized weekly coaching and mentoring by business owners and practitioners on the various functional areas of entrepreneurship.
- Seminar on Entrepreneurship for OFWs (PTTC)
- Globe My Business Academy (Globe Telecom)
- A how-to series to educate MSMEs effective tools to upscale their business through digital solutions. This give an opportunity to know market trends and industry-centric tools and information. The industry cluster program partners and SMEs are encouraged to participate in this session.
- Seminar on Entrepreneurship (BSMED)
- How to Build a Strong Brand (Wissen Solomon)
- This will cover topics on Marketing is about Values, Hierarchy of Focus – The prerequisites of Appreciating Core and workshop on how to build a brand.
- Online Thursdays (PLDT)
- PLDT partnered with Facebook Philippines to empower Filipino business owners moving them to the digital platform and build their brands in the digital space. The first of its kind, the session offers micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) owners free workshops and consultations with digital experts on how entrepreneurs can further increase market reach, customer base and revenue with the proper technology.
3. Business Talks (8 talks)
The Business Talks are open to the public, more specifically for would-be entrepreneurs or those who want to diversify into other businesses. The topics covered are presentations of different business packages of direct selling companies, franchising business and other business models; and technologies ready for commercialization of DOST RDI.
It is also a venue with which to present to the MSMEs, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs), and Program Partners - LGUs, Academe, and NGOs - the supply and service requirements of large companies and the various products and business technologies offered for commercialization.
Organizer and Collaborators
This is a project of DTI Regional Operations Group to be organized by the Negosyo Center Program Management Unit (NC PMU). NC PMU has partnered with the following offices/ groups:
ROG-BSMED, IPG-EMB, IDG-BOI, MSG-HRAS, and Ariva Academy in the conduct of the Business Counsellors Conference;
Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Association of Filipino Franchisers Inc. (AFFI), Direct Selling Association of the Philippines (DSAP), Radiowealth Finance Corp., Mustard Seed Systems Corp., and HP Inc. in the conduct of Negosyo Fair and Business Talks;
ASec Ameenah Fajardo’s Office, SBCorp, Globe Telecom, PLD, Inc., Digital Communication (DCOM), ROG-BSMED, Microsoft, Inc., ADFEC, Wissen Solomon, and IDG-BOI, DTI-NCR, Philippine Trade Training Center (PTTC) in the conduct of seven (9) Learning Sessions;
Board of Investments in the conduct of Inclusive Business Reverse Fair and Matching;
Department of Science and Technology (DOST) in the conduct of the DTI-DOST Convergence; and
DTI-PRU and DTI-KMIS, SM Malls, and the NCC partners for the promotion of the events.
DTI NCR, R4B and Honestly Worldwide LTD in facilitating the conduct of the activities during the Convention proper.