In recognition of the importance of regional economic resilience, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), in collaboration with other agencies responsible for SME promotion and focal agencies for disaster risk management, launched the project “Strengthening the Disaster Resilience of Small and Medium Enterprises in Asia”. The project seeks to engage micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the Philippines on disaster risk management (DRM) activities.
The project aims to build disaster-resilient businesses nationwide, by undertaking the following activities:
- Identifying actions to strengthen resilience of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs);
- Providing technical assistance in strengthening resilience to selected MSMEs on a demand-driven basis;
- Supporting governments in strengthening the enabling environment that promotes risk sensitive and informed investments by SMEs; and
- Facilitating knowledge sharing at the regional level.
- Office of Civil Defense (OCD)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of the Interior and Local Government
- Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI)
- Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation (PDRF)
- Philippine Exporters Confederation, Inc. (PHILEXPORT)
- Asia Pacific Alliance for Disaster Management (A-PAD) Philippines
- Employers’ Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP)
- Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
- GIZ-Global Initiative on Disaster Risk Management
- Local Government Units (LGUs)
- Local Trade and Industry Associations
- Other government and non-government organizations (NGOs).
Department of Trade and Industry
Bureau of Small and Medium Enterprise Development (BSMED)
2nd Floor Trade and Industry Building
361 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Ave., Makati City
Phone : (+632) 751.5059 / 890.4968