The Philippine Accreditation Bureau (PAB) shall provide quality service to its customers that create the confidence in the competence and integrity of all PAB accreditation activities.
PAB shall provide accreditation service according to the requirements of internationally accepted standards, PNS ISO/IEC 17011 and applicable international guidance documents.
PAB is committed to:
- provide quality service to its customer that creates confidence in the competence and integrity of all PAB accreditation activities;
- provide accreditation service according to the requirements of internationally accepted standards, ISO/IEC 17011 and applicable international guidance documents;
- be impartial, fair, and objective in its dealing with conformity assessment bodies (CABs);
- contribute to the development and mutual recognition of practical and effective conformity assessment activities worldwide;
- observe confidentiality in all its dealing with CABs;
- ensure the integrity and value of the certificates issued by its accredited CABs;
- adhere to a high standard of competence, professionalism, integrity and good ethics;
- continually improve PAB quality by monitoring, measuring and enhancing the effectiveness of procedural systems.
PAB is committed to uphold the integrity of its accreditation function by safeguarding impartiality of its operation.
As a government body, PAB is bound to be organized so that its accreditation is provided impartially. Organizational structure of PAB within its functional group and within DTI is identified to show any conflict of interest within the organization. Relationships with related bodies are identified, analyzed and documented, with the participation of interested parties. Where potential conflict-of-interest is identified, appropriate action is taken.
PAB, recognizing the risk involve in its accreditation activities, adopts a risk-based approach in developing, implementing and reviewing its policy, procedures, processes and in managing its people.