ABOUT PQAF, INC.
To sustain the implementation of RA 9013 (PQA Act), the Philippine Quality Award Foundation, Inc. was organized on February 1998 and was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on April 1998 as a non-stock, non-profit organization with fourteen (14) incorporators serving as the Foundation’s Board of Trustees.
As stated in Section 13 of the PQA Act, the Foundation shall manage an endowment fund for the PQA system. In addition, the Foundation shall generate funds to support the PQA program and help ensure its success in preparing Philippine organizations cope with the pressures of global competition.
- To raise sufficient funds for the purpose of supporting the PQA Program and its operation;
- To accept donations in cash or in kind for the purpose of funding the PQA Program and the projects of the Foundation;
- To oversee the fund raised by the Foundation;
- To review and approve the plan relating to associated fund requirements for subsequent years to assure a successful Award Program; and
- To conduct, undertake or carry out all other activities which may be necessary, proper or incidental to the achievement of the above purposes and the attainment of the objectives of the PQA program under RA 9013 and in general, to do all acts and things for the welfare and best interest of the Foundation.