The ASEAN Inclusive Business Awards will be the first search in the region to recognize innovative businesses creating social impact. We are looking for companies that provide income opportunities to people at the base of the pyramid (BoP) by making them part of the companies’ core business as suppliers, distributors, retailers, employees or customers.
To qualify for the Inclusive Business Awards, the company should meet the following criteria:
- Be headquartered in an ASEAN country, with commercial and/ or operational presence in ASEAN;
- Be organized as a private for-profit enterprise;
- Have at least 40% of the company’s equity should be owned by ASEAN national/s;
- Be working with/ serving the BoP in the value chain – as suppliers, distributors/ retailers, employees and/ or customers – since on or before 1 January 2014, and should integrate BoP in its core operations;
- Demonstrate commercial viability and profitability;
- Comply with legal/ regulatory requirements and standards for labour and environment in its countries of operation; and
- Not fall under the “excluded businesses” list in the nomination form.
For any inquiries related to ASEAN IB Awards, you may contact the IB Focal Point