Managing Director Roxan Roxas (middle) together with Ms. Arra Carmela Angeles (left) and Ms. Moiselle Sarah Roxas (2nd from left) are all smiles after receiving their certificate of accreditation from PAB Director James E. Empeño (2nd from right) and PAB Assessor Marlon A. Macadamia (right) during the awarding ceremony at PAB Conference Room, Makati City.
Metrologie Concepts Solutions formally received the certificate of accreditation by the Department of Trade and Industry – Philippine Accreditation Bureau (DTI-PAB) on September 18, 2019 at 3rd floor, PAB Conference Room, 389 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue, Makati City. Metrologie Concepts Solutions successfully complied with the requirements of the PNS ISO/IEC 17020:2012 (Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection). The certificate issued on August 22, 2019 is valid until August 21, 2024 subject to compliance with the requirements of the standard and PAB conditions for inspection body accreditation.
Metrologie Concepts Solutions, Inc. with head office at Barangay Saimsim, Calamba City Laguna is a Type A Inspection Body that caters to external clients for inspection of products, processes or services. The business also offers professional consultancy and technical services in metrology training to different industries. It has an established record of quality, credibility, reliability and client focus in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2005 – General requirements for the competence of calibration and testing laboratories.
1. "Understanding Accreditation of Halal Certification Scheme based on ISO/IEC 17065". Don Emilio Yap Boardroom, 3rd Floor, Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry Building, Campus Ave., Taguig City. 19-20 March 2019, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM and 8:30 AM - 12:NN.
2. 12th PAB Council Meeting. PAB Conference Room, 3rd Floor Tara Building, 389 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. Makati City. 21 March 2019, 1:30 PM
3. PAB Planning. Subic Bay Travelers Hotel. 25-26 March 2019.
1. World Accreditation Day 2019. Accreditation: Adding value to supply chains. City Garden Grand Hotel, Makati City. 11 June 2019, 1:00PM - 5:00PM.
2. Orientation on Accreditation of Certification Bodies for Persons based on ISO/IEC 17024. St. Giles Hotel Makati City. 27 June 2019, 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
1. Laboratory Accreditation Division's Conformity Assessment Bodies Forum (CABs Forum). Ruby B. Room, Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, Ortigas, Quezon City. 04 July 2019.
2. Briefing on the Importance of Accreditation in the Delivery of Health and Social Care. Sun City Suite, Sun City Complex, Pan Philippine Hwy, General Santos city. 16 July 2019, 09:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
3. Awareness on Food Safety Management System and Accreditation of Halal Certification Bodies. Sun City Suite, Sun City Complex, Pan Philippine Hwy, General Santos city. 17 July 2019, 08:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
4. Briefing on the Importance of Accreditation for Environment Conservation and Protection. Sun City Suite, Sun City Complex, Pan Philippine Hwy, General Santos city. 18 July 2019, 08:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
1. Management System Accreditation Division Stakeholders Forum. St. Giles Hotel, Makatiy City. 01-02 August 2019.
2. PAB Internal Audit. Tara Building, 389 Sen Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati City. 19-23 August 2019.
13th PAB Council Meeting. Conference Room Bureau of Agriculture and Fisheries Standards (BAFS), BPI Compound Visayas Ave. Diliman, Quezon City. 17 September 2019, 3:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
Responsibilities of Conformity Assessment Body (CAB) and Philippine Accreditation Bureau (PAB)
1. Obligation of the Conformity Assessment Body (CAB)
PAB requires the CAB to conform to the following:
- The CAB shall commit to fulfil continually the requirements for accreditation set by PAB for the areas where accreditation is granted including agreeing to adapt to changes in the requirements for accreditation.
- When requested, the CAB shall afford such accommodation and cooperation as is necessary to enable PAB to verify fulfilment of requirements for accreditation. This applies to all premises where the conformity assessment services take place.
- The CAB shall provide access to information documents and records as necessary for the assessment and maintenance of the accreditation.
- The CAB shall provide access to those documents that provides insight into the level of independence and impartiality of the CAB from its related bodies, where applicable
- The CAB shall arrange the witnessing of CAB services when requested by PAB..
- The CAB shall claim accreditation only with respect to the scope for which it has been granted accreditation.\
- The CAB shall not use its accreditation in such a manner as to bring PAB into disrepute.
- The CAB shall pay fees as shall be determined by PAB.
The CAB shall inform PAB of any significant changes relevant to its accreditation without delay in any aspects of its status or operation relating to:
- its legal, commercial, ownership or organizational status,
- the organization, top management and key personnel,
- main policies,
- resources and premises,
- scope of accreditation, and
- other matters that may affect the stability of the CAB to fulfil requirements for accreditation.
2. Obligation of the Philippine Accreditation Bureau (PAB)
PAB maintains and updates a website presenting the current status of the accreditation that it has granted to CABs. The information includes the following:
- name and address of the accredited CAB;
- dates of granting accreditation and expiry dates, as applicable;
- scopes of accreditation.
PAB provides the CAB with information about suitable ways to obtain traceability of measurement results in relation to the scope for which accreditation is provided.
PAB, where applicable, provides information about international arrangements in which it is involved.
PAB informs the CABs one (1) month after finalization of any changes to its requirements for accreditation (through e-mails, advisories, forums, meetings and website posting). It takes account of views expressed by interested parties before deciding on the effective date of the changes. PAB verifies that each accredited CAB carries out any necessary adjustments.
Reference to accreditation and use of symbols
PAB has established procedures for the use of its accreditation symbol by its accredited CABs. An accredited CAB is allowed to use this symbol on its reports or certificates issued within its scope of accreditation.
PAB takes effective measures to ensure that the accredited CAB:
- fully conforms to the requirements specified by PAB in the use of its accreditation symbol including CABs communication media such as their websites, documents, brochure and advertising,
- only uses the PAB symbols for premises of the CAB that are specifically included in the accreditation,
- does not make any statement regarding its accreditation that PAB may consider misleading or unauthorized,
- takes due care that no report or certificate nor any part thereof is used in a misleading manner,
- upon suspension or withdrawal of its accreditation, discontinues its use of all advertising matter that contains any reference to an accredited status; and
- does not allow the fact of its accreditation to be used to imply that a product, process, system or person is approved by PAB.
PAB takes suitable action such as request for corrective action, withdrawal of accreditation, publication of transgression and if necessary legal action, to deal with incorrect references to accreditation status, or misleading use of accreditation symbols found in advertisements, catalogues and other personal and commercial ads.