Project KAPATID is an initiative of the DTI and the Philippine Center for Entrepreneurship (PCE) to help the country’s micro and small enterprises (MSEs) through three key components:
- The Mentor ME (micro entrepreneurs) program, a coaching and mentoring approach where large corporations teach MSEs on different aspects of business operations
- The Adopt-an-SSF (Shared Service Facility) program, which aims to help micro entrepreneurs by providing them access to SSFs in their community
- The Inclusive Business (IB) model where MSEs are linked into large companies’ value chains
Mentor ME Seminars
The Mentor ME program aims to:
- Help micro and small entrepreneurs scale up their enterprises
- Spur economic activity and generate employment opportunities
- Mainstream OTOPreneurs who are ready for business expansion
It features modules that shall subject the mentees to various business concepts and develop the acumen needed in scaling up and sustaining an enterprise:
- The Entrepreneur, which discusses the mindset and values of a successful entrepreneur
- The Enterprise, a seven-topic module covering the basic functional areas of an enterprise:
- Product development
- Operations management
- Obligations and contracts
- Sustaining the Enterprise, a four-topic module which focuses on sustainability amidst growth:
- HR management
- Supply and value chain
- Succession planning
- Business plan development
You may visit the Negosyo Center nearest you for training programs. Thank you.
Mentor ME Seminar Schedule
Mentor ME Schedule of Major Events
Criteria for Selecting Mentees
The applicants are screened based on the following qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age
- A resident of the respective Provinces/District (supporting documents: CTC, valid IDs)
- Must be the owner, co-owner, or partner of the business
- Business is registered
- Business is operating for at least one year
- Has employee/s and/or manages a team
- Willing to attend 10 weekly sessions on specified schedules
- Willing to enter into a Contract of Commitment
- Recommendation letter from partners or local officials
Restrictions on mentee admission:
- Mentees should be the owner or successor. Employees of mentee are discouraged to participate.
- Only one mentee per enterprise shall be admitted to the program.
- Only one mentee per family shall be admitted to the program.
- Applicants belonging to the Micro Enterprise segment (P3M below) will be given priority.