The Philippine Contractor's Accreditation Board (PCAB), one of the implementing Boards of the Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines (CIAP), an attached agency of the Department of Trade & Industry (DTI) has come up with innovative ways to serve its stakeholders and clients more efficiently through the implementation of the Contractors Licensing and Registration System (CLiRS) beginning CFY 2017-2018.
CLiRS has an on-line interface which is accessible through the CIAP website by clicking CIAP Portal which is found under the On-line services tab or clicking on-line services under the programs and services tab. The application system will allow contractors to register and create their respective accounts as users of the E-Filing System, take online Authorized Managing Officer (AMO) examination, accomplish electronic application forms, submit license and/or registration applications, and conduct status verification of filed applications, among others.
The full utilization of CLiRS will be effective starting CFY 2017-2018. Pursuant to PCAB Board Resolution No. 194 Series of 2016, it is mandatory for PCAB contractors falling under the categories of Double A (AA), Triple A (AAA) and Quadruple A (AAAA) to file their license and registration applications online using CLiRS. Contractors falling under PCAB license categories “A” to “Trade” may submit their applications at the CIAP office in Makati City or through CIAP Windows in the DTI Regional offices in the country, but they may opt to file online using CLiRS. Filing on-line shall be open starting 3 January 2017.
Renewal Alert to PCAB Contractors (CFY 2017-2018)
Starting 01 February 2017, PCAB will accept renewal applications for CFY 2017-2018 under the following revised schedule (Board Resolution No. 376, series of 2014):
Last Digit of License Number / Filing Month
0 / February 1-14
1 / February 15-28
2 / March 1-15
3 / March 16-31
4 / April 1-15
5 / April 16-30
6 / May 1-15
7 / May 16-31
8 and new license approved from January to March / June 1-15
9 and new license approved from April to June / June 16-30
1. Irrespective of the filing schedule, renewing applicants may file their renewal applications as early as 02 January 2017.
2. Contractors with license number ending 0-3 filing on their time schedule and whose accounting period is on calendar year i.e., from January 1-December 31 may submit the previous year’s Audited Financial Statements (AFS). For contractors whose accounting periods are other than the calendar year may submit a certified copy of the latest AFS submitted to the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
3. Release of the license certificate for these contractors is subject to the submission of the latest Audited Financial Statement (AFS) and Income Tax Return (ITR) filed with the BIR and that no significant erosion of networth or equity is suffered by the contractor as not to qualify it for its present category.
4. Should the contractor become unqualified for its present category due to financial erosion, the application shall be reviewed by the Board for issuance of the highest category sustainable by the contractor’s qualification.
5. Contractors filing their renewal applications beyond the schedule for their license number ending shall be assessed an Additional Processing Fee (APF) of Php 5,000.00.
6. If the renewal application is filed after the end of the CFY which is 30 June, an Additional License Fee (ALF) which existed before the APF will still be imposed or a total of Php 10,000 will be collected on top of the regular renewal fees for each category.
7. Starting CFY 2017-2018, the filing of license and registration applications thru Online CLiRS shall be mandatory for contractors falling under the categories of “AA, “AAA” and “AAAA”. No application for these categories shall be accepted at the PCAB Office or CIAP Windows (PCAB Board Resolution No. 194, series of 2016).
8. Contractors falling under categories “A” to Trade” may file their respective license and registration application at the PCAB Office or at the nearest DTI Regional / Provincial Office and/or CIAP Window or may opt to file thru Online CLiRS.
For more information, please visit http://ciap.dti.gov.ph/ or contact the PCAB through telephone nos. 897-0869/ 895-4258 or mobile no. 0917-5292827.