The Department of Trade and Industry’s Bureau of Philippine Standards (DTI-BPS) adopts the latest version of the international standard on Safety of machinery – General principles for design – Risk assessment and risk reduction, ISO 12100:2019 as Philippine National Standard (PNS), PNS ISO 12100:2019.
Published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), PNS ISO 12100:2019 specifies the basic terminology, principles and methodology for achieving safety in the design of machinery. The procedures in PNS ISO 12100:2019 are described for identifying hazards, estimating and evaluating risks during the relevant phases of the machine life cycle, and for the elimination of the hazards. This standard will promote common understanding among stakeholders involved in machine safety design.
The DTI-BPS also adopted the following international standards on safety of machinery as Philippine National Standards:
- PNS ISO 13849-1:2019 Safety of machinery – Safety-related parts of control systems – Part 1: General principles for design
- PNS ISO 13849-2:2019 Safety of machinery – Safety-related parts of control systems – Part 2: Validation
- PNS ISO 13850:2019 Safety of machinery – Emergency stop function – Principles for design
- PNS ISO 13851:2019 Safety of machinery – Two-hand control devices – Principles for design and selection
- PNS ISO 13857:2019 Safety of machinery – Safety distances to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper and lower limbs
- PNS ISO 13854:2019 Safety of machinery – Minimum gaps to avoid crushing of parts of the human body
- PNS ISO 14120:2019 Safety of machinery – Guards – General requirements for the design and construction of fixed and movable guards
The DTI-BPS is the National Standards Body of the Philippines. It is the country’s member to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
Date of Release: 27 August 2019