WHO MAY APPLY?
Private corporations and public sector agencies/organizations are eligible to apply for the PQA. Private corporations applying for the Award must be registered and must have a major business operation located in the Philippines which can be assessed by panel of quality professionals. All subordinate elements of the applicant's organization must be included in the application. Charitable, trade, professional, fraternal, sports organizations and institutions are not eligible.
CRITERIA FOR PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE FRAMEWORK
The requirements of the Criteria for Performance Excellence are embodied in seven Categories, as follows:
- Measurement, Analysis, and Knowledge Management
Organizational Profile Your Organizational Profile (top of figure) sets the context for the way your organization operates. Your organization's environment, key working relationships and strategic situation-including competitive environment, strategic challenges and advantages, and performance improvement system--serve as an overarching guide for your organizational performance management system.
Performance System The performance system is composed of the six PQA Categories in the center of the figure that define your processes and the results you achieve.
Leadership (Category 1), Strategy (Category 2), and Customers (Category 3) represent the leadership triad. These Categories are placed together to emphasize the importance of a leadership focus on strategy and customers. Senior leaders set your organizational direction and seek future opportunities for your organization.
Workforce (Category 5), Operations (Category 6), and Results (Category 7) represent the results triad. Your organizations workforce and key operational processes accomplish the work of the organization that yields your overall performance results.
All action point toward Results -- a composite of product and process outcomes, customer-focused outcomes, workforce-focused outcomes, leadership and governance outcomes, and financial and market outcomes.
The horizontal arrow in the center of the framework links the leadership triad to the results triad, a linkage critical to organizational success. Furthermore, the arrow indicates the central relationship between Leadership (Category 1) and Results (Category 7). The two-headed arrows indicate the importance of feedback in an effective performance management system.
Each applicant organization gains an outside perspective on its organizational performance based on 550-600 hours of review by at least four business experts and quality practitioners from industry, academe and government. The results of this review are contained in a Feedback Report, outlining strengths and areas for improvement based on the Criteria. Feedback reports are used by organizations as inputs in strategic planning, in improving productivity, and in sustaining their organizational improvement programs and activities.
1. Gain an outside perspective of your orgabization's strenghts and opportunities for improvement which will be prepared through a rigorous evaluation processes equivalent to about 550 to 600 man hours of review by an expert of team of assessors.
All assessors are quality practitioners from different organizations-private and public undergone 5-day PQA Assessors Preparatory Course and 3-day PQA Assessors Calibration Workshop.
2. Receive a FEEDBACK REPORT which can guide your quality and productivity improvement efforts.
The FEEDBACK REPORT contains executive and overall summaries of strengths and opportunities for improvement of the application vis-a-vis the detailed requirements of the PQA criteria.
3. Greater success and increase employee involvement & organization's capability and flexibility to cope with rapid change while keeping the focused on customer satisfaction and retention.
4. Sharpen the organizational tools for achieving business results and position the organization for future growth and profitability.
5. And if the organizationis selected to receive the Award or any PQA Recognition,
- the organization will be invited to receive the award or recognition trophies in a Conferment Ceremony in Malacanang with no less than the PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES . PQA trophies are designed and executed by MR. RAMON G. ORLINA - a world renowned Filipino glass sculptor.
- the organization's exceptional management practices become benchmarks and serve as models for other organizations that are on a similar journey to performance excellence. Organizations will have an opportunity to share these best practices in provincial/regional promotional activities of the PQA program.
- the organization can publicize and advertise receipt of the Award or any PQA Recognition and use the PQA logo on their stationery, in advertisements and materials used for advertising and promotions but still subjected to some conditions.
The PQA is conferred annually to qualified organizations in the private and public sectors. Organizations which have demonstrated management excellence by the purposefulness with which it continues to improve and build upon outstanding results and excellent systems thereby achieving the highest level of performance excellence.
PHILIPPINE QUALITY AWARD FOR PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE
Award given to organizations that have achieved the highest level of excellence and is recognized as a global and national role model.
PQA RECOGNITION CATEGORIES
Organizations that have applied for but could not fully meet the requirements of the award for performance excellence may receive any of the following PQA Recognition Categories.
1. Recognition for Mastery in Quality Management
The organization should have demonstrated, through its practices and achievements, superior results clearly linked to robust management systems. It should exhibit practices, which other organizations can learn from and should serve as role model for other organizations in the Philippines.
2. Recognition for Proficiency in Quality Management
The organization should have demonstrated through implementation of quality and productivity management principles, significant progress in building sound and notable processes. It should have a documented and solid approach to system-level quality and productivity management and has been implementing quality and productivity improvement plans and procedures.
3. Recognition for Commitment to Quality Management
The organization should have demonstrated its serious commitment to improvement in order to achieve quality excellence. It should have planted the seeds of quality and productivity and is working towards reaping long-term benefits of the efforts.
Awardees/Recipients shall receive a glass trophy bearing the Seal of the President of the Philippines and the PQA Logo. The trophy is designed and executed by renowned glass sculptor, Ramon G. Orlina. The Award/Recognition shall be given by the President of the Philippines in appropriate ceremonies usually held at the Malacañang Palace.
This is a Dummy Article!