ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2019
- Prepared invitation to concerned DTI bureaus and partner agencies and reference materials on the PH-KR FTA 2nd Meeting of the Working Group on Economic and Technical Cooperation that was held on 12 July and 15-17 July 2019 at the Peninsula Manila Hotel.
- Coordinated with relevant DTI offices and agencies and prepared invitations for the Inter-Agency Consultation on the PH-KR FTA ECOTECH Chapter that was held on 31 July 2019.
- Participated in the PH Delegation Meeting held on 08 Aug 2019. The meeting discussed updates and other preparatory matters for the Third Round of PH-KR FTA Negotiations which was be held from 12-14 August 2019
- Participated in the 3rd Round of PH-KR FTA Negotiations for the Working Group on Economic and Technical Cooperation from 12-14 August 2019 in Busan, South Korea.
|The PH Chief Negotiator, Assistrant Allan Gepty (5th from R) and his KR counterpart, Director General Sung Gil Chang, together with the Working Group Leads, gathered for a group photo during the conclusion of the 3rd Round of Negotiations of the PH-KR FTA held on 12-14 August 2019 in Busan, South Korea.|
|The Working Group on Economic and Technical Cooperation revisit and discuss the pending issues on the chapter on Economic and Technical Cooperation.|
|The PH and KR Working Group Leads on Economic and Technical Cooperation, Dir. Lydia Guevarra (4th from L) and Ms. Joosil Han (4th from R), together with the working group members, posed for a group photo during the 4th Working Group Meeting held on 12-13 September 2019 in Cebu City.|
- Participated in the Philippine Delegation Meeting for the 4th Round of the PH-KR Negotiations held on 10 September in Cebu City. The meeting discussed the outstanding issues, strategies, and considerations for the 4th Round.
- Participated in the 4th Round of the PH-KR FTA Negotiations - Economic and Technical Cooperation held on 11-13 Sep 2019.
- Participated and provided updates on the Economic and Technical Cooperation chapter to Assistant Secretary Allan Gepty during the Philippine Delegation Meeting on PH - KR FTA Negotiations held on 17 September 2019.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2019
- Ongoing preparation for the Inter-Agency Consultation Meeting on the Switzerland SECO-UNIDO Global Quality Standard Programme (GQSP) that was held on 05 Sep 2019.
- Organized and participated in the Inter-Agency Consultation Meeting on the Switzerland SECO-UNIDO GQSP proposal. The meeting was organized in preparation for the second video conference with UNIDO which discussed the intention of SECO to jointly develop the GQSP proposal with Swiss Import Promotion Programme (SIPPO).
- Organized and participated in the 2nd Video Conference with UNIDO held on 06 Sep 2019. The Board of Investments discussed their proposal on Capacity Building towards Sustainability Certification of Priority Industries which are tuna and coconut oil.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2018
- Represented the DTI in the National Validation Workshop on Increasing Growth Potential through Reaching for the Demographic Dividend being coordinated by the Population Commission (POPCOM).
- Ongoing coordination with POPCOM on the proposed DTI seminar on Responsible Parenthood and Family Planning /Role of Men in Family Planning/ Reproductive Health.
- Conducted Seminar for DTI Employees on Family Planning and Responsible Parenthood in coordination with POPCOM on 07 Dec.
Bids and Awards Committee Procurement Monitoring Reports may be viewed below.
- 12-026 Supply and delivery of Furniture
- 12-025 Supply and delivery of PENTHOUSE
- 12-024 Security Services
- 12-023 Supply and Delivery PCPS
- 12-022 Supply and Delivery for BPS TABLET
- 12-021 Supply and delivery of DATACENTER Rebidding MIS
- 12-020 Supply and delivery of Various Equipment for DTI Enforcement Activities
- 12-019 part 2 PBD_BAC_part 2 OOP Stakeholders
- 12-019 Part 1 consulting services OOP
- 12-018 Part 2 PBD_CONS_BAC part 2 BTRCP awareness
- 12-018 Part 1 consulting services BTRCP
- 12-017 Supply and delivery of Network MIS
- 12-016 Supply and delivery of DATACENTER MIS
- 12-015 Part 2 PBD_CONS_4thEd DEEP MIS 12-015 3rd part ver6 07-06-2012
- 12-015 Part 1 DTI Enhanced Enterprise Program DEEP 1
- 12-014 Supply and delivery of ICT HARDWARE CRM TIIC
- 12-013 Supply and delivery of IT Equipment ARMM
- 12-012 DTI Enhanced Enterprise Program DEEP 1
- 12-011 Supply and delivery of Notebook Computers
- 12-010 Hiring of Survey Firm for the Nationwide Consumer Awareness Survey 2012
- 12-009 Supply and Delivery of Labor and Materials, and Provision of Supervision for the Renovation of existing Washrooms of the DTI Offices at the 6th Floor, Trade and Industry Building BOI
- 12-008 Supply and delivery of bantay presyo billboards
- 12-007 Supply and Delivery for Food packaging equipment - REBIDDING
- 12-006 Printing and Delivery of Various DTI information material BMSED
- 12-005 Supply and Delivery for Footwear RODG REBIDDING
- 12-004 Supply and Delivery for Food packaging equipment
- 12-003 Supply and Delivery of Various Newspapers
- 12-002 Supply and Delivery
PROCUREMENT MONITORING REPORTS
DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY – GREEN PUBLIC PROCUREMENT
Committed to its goal of contributing to the government initiative of promoting Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) processes, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) will implement a green procurement policy. As a pioneer, the department will mark the starting point in the introduction of green public procurement (GPP). Beyond the implementation, the DTI aims to raise awareness of suppliers and other government agencies to foster the general application of sustainable tendering processes within the country. By doing so, the supply of green products should be increased and innovations fostered. Moreover, green public procurement should serve as an engine for the international competitiveness of national enterprises and serve as a component to fight the risk of climate change.
What is GPP?
The DTI-GPP Project
Logical Framework Design
- Project Goal:
- Project Purpose:
- Outcome Statement:
- Core Activities
- Product-based Approach
- The application of environmental criteria for specific product groups constitutes the core of every green procurement strategy. In order to follow that approach, first product groups have to be selected and environmental criteria for these product groups need to be defined.
- Additional Approaches
- Along with the selection of first product groups, additional approaches form an important facet of GPP. While the procurement of particular environmentally friendly products within selected product groups affects a specific segment of the procurement process, activities under additional approaches can aim at the reduction of total consumption, changes in the consumption, or avoiding negative side-effects connected to the procurement.
- Life Cycle Costing
- Life Cycle Costing is a methodology that enables the incorporation of costs and benefits which occur over the lifetime of a product into the procurement decision and which aim at selecting the good or service with the lowest life cycle costs. It is motivated by the fact that for most products, the purchasing price reflects only a small part of the costs that are generated by the product. By using Life Cycle Costing, maintenance, operational and disposal costs are integrated in the price calculation
- Communication of the GPP action plan is an important facet of the transition phase, since only well informed staff and external stakeholders can ensure the proper implementation of the action plan. Therefore, all participants and relevant stakeholders need to be informed about the planned activities in order to provide the necessary support. This component involves internal (within DTI) and external (other key government agencies in procurement) communication.
- Business Engagement
- Beyond the general communication on GPP with business, the DTI has particular capabilities in supporting companies. The overall goal of the SWITCH-Philippines project is defined as the contribution to government initiatives of encouraging businesses to adopt sustainable and environmentally sound production and consumption processes and practices. Thus, the engagement of businesses units depicts an important facet of the GPP strategy.
- Sufficient training is essential for the successful implementation of GPP. In regards to the DTI, training dealing with awareness raising, the first steps of the implementation and continuous update will be fundamental. At the operational level, trainings will include awareness rising as well as technical workshops/capacity building.
- Monitoring and Review
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2019
Oriental Mindoro Governor Humerlito Dolor assures the sustainability of the proposed project during the Kick-Off Meeting held on 28 August 2019 in Oriental Mindoro.
Ms. Virginia Bico, Production Manager of Bigaan Agrarian Reform Community Organization (BARCO), shares with GGG! Mr. Rhoel Bernardo and Mr. Jisu Min the challenges faced by their organization in relation to climate change.
Ms. Prescilla Tierra, Production Manager of Pakyas Association of Rural Improvement Club (PARIC), explains the processes involved in the production of calamansi puree and concentrate.
DTI-Region 4B Director Joel Valera shares the ongoing efforts and programs of DTI in promoting the products of MSMEs during the Exit Meeting held on 30 August 2019 in Oriental Mindoro.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2018