ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2019
- Organized and participated in the Organizational Meeting on KOICA Proposal held on 09 Aug 2019.
- Coordinated with GGGI and DTI Region 4B regarding the field mission that was held on 28-31 August 2019 in Oriental Mindoro.
- Participated in the KOICA Survey Mission held from 28-31 Aug 2019 in Oriental Mindoro where the KOICA Evaluation Team visited the following LGUs and MSME beneficiaries:
- Provincial Demo Farm where the proposed Provincial Agricultural Enterprise Center will be constructed)
- Municipality of Baco
- Bigaan Agrarian Reform Community Organization (BARCO)
- Pakyas Association of Rural Improvement Club (PARIC)
- Samahan ng mga Mangagawa sa Balatasa (SAMABALATASAN)
|Oriental Mindoro Governor Humerlito Dolor assures the sustainability of the proposed project during the Kick-Off Meeting held on 28 August 2019 in Oriental Mindoro.
|Ms. Virginia Bico, Production Manager of Bigaan Agrarian Reform Community Organization (BARCO), shares with GGG! Mr. Rhoel Bernardo and Mr. Jisu Min the challenges faced by their organization in relation to climate change.
|Ms. Prescilla Tierra, Production Manager of Pakyas Association of Rural Improvement Club (PARIC), explains the processes involved in the production of calamansi puree and concentrate.
|DTI-Region 4B Director Joel Valera shares the ongoing efforts and programs of DTI in promoting the products of MSMEs during the Exit Meeting held on 30 August 2019 in Oriental Mindoro.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2018
- Agreed, per discussion with Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) on 12 January 2018, that Climate Change Commission (CCC) shall be the Lead Executing Agency for the proposed project. DTI and GGGI meanwhile shall serve as the Component Executing Agency and the Project Implementing Entity, respectively.
- Coordinated and attended the Briefing Meeting (in preparation for the Climate Resilience and Inclusive Green Growth - Kick Off Meeting) held on 29 Jan 2018. In attendance were officials and staff from DTI-Resource Generation and Management Service (RGMS) and Region 4B and GGGI.
- Coordinated and attended the kickoff meeting held on 30 Jan 2018. All concerned stakeholders from Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), GGGI, DTI and CCC were present. Because of limited resources, KOICA’s key comment on the proposal was to identify specific projects/activities addressing specific climate change-related issue/s.
- Coordinated and participated in the KOICA Preliminary Survey Mission, which was conducted on 31 Jan – 03 Feb 2018 in the municipalities of San Vicente and Culion, Palawan. The mission team, which was composed of representatives from KOICA, GGGI, DTI and CCC, met with the LGUs and did site visits as follows:
- Port Barton, San Vicente for the proposed construction of seawall project
- Brgy Malaking Patag, Culion for the proposed construction of farm irrigation system project
- Brgy Jardin, Culion for the proposed construction of seawall and boat landing project
- Sitio Chindonan, Culion for the proposed installation of solar panel and gen sets project.
- Received confirmation from GGGI through Mr. Rhoel Bernardo that the Proposed Climate Resilience and Inclusive Green Growth for Poor Rural Communities Project had already been endorsed to KOICA by NEDA.
- Facilitated submission of project proposals of DTI Region 4B to Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) for inclusion in the Climate Resilience and Inclusive Green Growth for Poor Rural Communities Project.
- Coordinated with DTI-Region 4B regarding the queries from GGGI on the project proposals submitted with focus on the processing of the following products: cashew, seaweeds, virgin coconut oil, and calamansi.