DTI-7 or DTI-Central Visayas is composed of four island provinces, namely, Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental, and Siquijor.
The region is host to special economic zones (SEZs) for IT enterprises and FDI manufacturing, including one of only three shipbuilding areas in the Philippines exporting bulk carriers. It is also abundant with mineral resources including silver, manganese, copper, gold, limestone, clay, silica, and coal. Manufacturing firms include mining companies, fertilizer plants, sugar centrals, rice and corn mills and other processing plants.
DTI-Central Visayas is charged with the promotion of an economic and business environment conducive to the birth and growth of enterprises and supportive of a fair and robust trade of goods and services both from within the Central Visayas.
It is a coordinating agency for all government activities that relate to trade, industry, and investments as well as a regulatory body to ensure that fair competition prevails.
The Trade and Industry Enforcement Division (TIRD) implements the Department's consumer welfare programs of the departments. It educates consumers and implements programs and projects that will create a healthy business environment. Its specific concerns include:
- Consumer advocacy
- Acceptance, pre-screening, and evaluation of license applications to the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB)
- Strengthening consumer organizations/networks
- Enforcement and insurance of compliance of all fair trade laws and laws on standards
- Monitoring of price and supply of commodities
- Issuance of regional sales promo permits
- Administration of Real Estate Brokers Examinations
Meanwhile, the Industry Development Division (IDD):
- Facilitates credit financing availment
- Assists non-government organizations (NGOs)
- Facilitates livelihood and income generating projectsConducts entrepreneurial trainings
- Provides trade fair assistance and information
- Assists exporters
- Conducts quality and productivity programs