Project on the Elaboration of Industry Promotions Plan Using Value Chain Analysis
Funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), this project aims to develop industrial promotion plans for the automotive/auto-parts and auto-electronics industries and consequently to increase participation of these industries in their global value chains.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS OF 2016:
- Organized consultative meetings of the JICA consultants, Nomura Research Institute (NRI) with project stakeholders to present the work plan for the project. The following meetings were conducted:
- Meeting with DTI project stakeholders including BOI and Competitiveness Bureau on 05 October 2016. The group discussed how the activities in the project work plan will be carried out as well as the establishment of the project Joint Coordinating Committee (JCC).
- Meeting with Mr. Vicente Mills, President of the Federation of Automotive Industries of the Philippines (FAIP) on 12 October 2016. The status of the CARS program as well as the medium- and long-term goals of the Philippine automotive industry was discussed.
- Meeting with Dr. Dan Lachica, President of the Semiconductors Industries of the Philippines, Inc. (SEIPI) on 19 October 2016. In addition to the project work plan, the group also discussed the current situation, including opportunities and challenges of the electronics industries in the Philippines.
- Provided technical support to the establishment of the project’s Joint Coordinating Committee (JCC). The JCC, which held its first meeting on 02 December 2016, will manage and monitor the project implementation and facilitate collaboration among stakeholders.