Green Growth Cooperation
Funded by Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), Green Growth Cooperation (2015-2017) seeks to formalize a framework of cooperation and facilitate collaboration between GGGI and DTI to promote programs, research, and joint activities in support of capacity building and development of green economic growth options to strengthen the business case for greening the MSME sector and boost its contribution to the national economy.
The following areas of cooperation are: 1) Business Case Preparation, 2) Mainstreaming Green Growth in the Planning Process, and 3) Capacity Building for DTI Green Growth Advocates.
- Organized the GGGI Meeting on the progress of the project, particularly the component on Mainstreaming Green Growth in the DTI Planning Process; and the follow-up meeting between DTI Fair Trade Enforcement Bureau (FTEB) and GGGI on the proposed collaboration initiatives.
- Coordinated with DTI Planning and Management Service (PMS) and GGGI on the list of tasks and activities identified by Assistant Secretary Jean Pacheco during the meeting held on 25 January 2019 in support of mainstreaming green growth within DTI.
- Coordinated with DTI National Capital Region Office (NCRO) and GGGI on the facilitation and completion of the Shared Service Facilities (SSF) Appraisal Questionnaire by Caritas and Philippine Footwear Federation, Inc. (PFFI) as part of the initiative on greening the DTI SSF Program.
- Conducted Consultation Meeting with GGGI Mr. Rhoel Bernardo to discuss the RGMS’ Green Breakthrough Goal
- Arranged and attended the courtesy meeting between GGGI and DTI Undersecretary Zenaida Maglaya and DTI FTEB Director Ronnel Abrenica
- Coordinated with GGGI on the proposed Courtesy Meeting of Mr. Juhern Kim, new GGGI Country Representative, with select DTI officials.
- Ongoing coordination with PMS on the draft Department Order (DO) proposing for the Creation of the Green Growth Group.
- Provided assistance to GGGI on their proposed courtesy meeting between Secretary Ramon M. Lopez and Deputy Director General Jenny Kim on the seminar on off-grid renewable energy that was held on 17 July.
- Provided assistance to GGGI in the conduct of an organizational meeting in preparation for Korea International Cooperation Agency’s (KOICA) appraisal/survey mission on their proposal on “Climate Resilient and Inclusive Green Growth for Poor Rural Communities: Accelerating Green Growth in the Agriculture Value Chain of the MIMAROPA Region”.
September – December
RGMS coordinated with the GGGI regarding their submission of the proposal to KOICA on “Climate Resilient and Inclusive Green Growth for Poor Rural Communities: Accelerating Implementation in the Agriculture Value Chain” which is currently under review. The overall objective of the proposed project is to mainstream climate resilience and inclusive green growth in the agricultural sector of Oriental Mindoro, Philippines. RGMS, likewise, requested from GGGI the link to the Carbon Footprint Calculator and the final Training Needs Assessment Report of the project.
This project is handled by DTI-Regional Operations group (ROG), DTI-Corporate Planning Service (CorPlan), and DTI-Human Resource and Administrative Service (HRAS).