Advanced Sustainable Consumption and Production (Advanced SCP)
Assisted by GIZ and the United Nations (UN), Advance SCP (2015-2018) is a PhP 153.9-million project that aims to reduce GHG emission through: promoting SCP policy framework supportive of low carbon economies; identification and development of related SCP NAMAs; providing incentives for producing more green goods; moving towards low-carbon economy through procurement policy; and moving towards low-carbon economy through specific standards.
This project is geared towards increasing awareness, institutional support, and technical capacities to develop and strengthen sustainability information policies and tools in support of sustainable and low-carbon consumption and production patterns.
- Discussed Green Public Procurement (GPP) Evaluation Report with GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) Coordinator in preparation for the meeting with new ASCP project manager.
- Conducted meeting between the new ASCP project manager Kai Hoffmann, Board of Investments (BOI) Executive Director Corazon Dichosa and the Resource Generation and Management Service (RGMS) where the following were discussed and agreed upon: ASCP extension with demand driven approach, support to greening the industry roadmaps, support to CLIMA initiative, and reconvening the Philippine Project Implementation unit with ED Dichosa as convenor.
- Evaluated ASCP 2 concept notes based on relevant Philippine Development Plan (PDP) chapters.
- Coordinated proposed Project Implementation Unit meeting slated for 28-29 May with GIZ, Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB), Department of Budget and Management-Procurement Service (DBM-PS), BOI, Bureau of Philippine Standards (BPS) and RGMS.
- Represented DTI in the Planning of the GPP and Industry Development components.