Kapatid Mentor Me Project
Project KAPATID is an initiative of the DTI and the Philippine Center for Entrepreneurship (PCE) to help the country’s micro and small enterprises (MSEs) through three key components:
- The Mentor ME (micro entrepreneurs) program, a coaching and mentoring approach where large corporations teach MSEs on different aspects of business operations
- The Adopt-an-SSF (Shared Service Facility) program, which aims to help micro entrepreneurs by providing them access to SSFs in their community
- The Inclusive Business (IB) model where MSEs are linked into large companies’ value chains
The Mentor ME program aims to:
- Help micro and small entrepreneurs scale up their enterprises
- Spur economic activity and generate employment opportunities
- Mainstream OTOPreneurs who are ready for business expansion
It features modules that shall subject the mentees to various business concepts and develop the acumen needed in scaling up and sustaining an enterprise:
- The Entrepreneur, which discusses the mindset and values of a successful entrepreneur
- The Enterprise, a seven-topic module covering the basic functional areas of an enterprise:
- Product development
- Operations management
- Obligations and contracts
- Sustaining the Enterprise, a four-topic module which focuses on sustainability amidst growth:
- HR management
- Supply and value chain
- Succession planning
- Business plan development
You may visit the Negosyo Center nearest you for training programs. Thank you.
The Kapatid Mentor ME (KMME) has been implemented since 2016 as a 10-module mentorship program that optimizes weekly face-to-face interactions between the mentors and the mentees with the key goal of boosting the entrepreneurial capacity through improved access to Mentorship, Money & Market (i.e., the 3Ms).
With the CoVid-19 upending lives and businesses all over the world, the KMME becomes more relevant and necessary albeit in a virtual or digitalized form. Thus, the KMME-MME Online is developed as the practical delivery mechanism for the same mentorship modules to be used to propel MSEs to survive and thrive in spite of the unprecedented setbacks that now confront businesses of all types and sizes.
The KMME-MME Online is designed to integrate the Money Market Encounter (MME) into the regular KMME Program. This will be achieved through the presentation of Business Improvement Plan (BIP) to an expanded panel of evaluators composed of representatives from banks, online market platforms and other business support organizations. Coaching is added in the program to assist the mentees during the drafting of their BIPs and improve their materials and presentation skills. Coaching is also envisioned to further develop their capacities in accessing CAPITAL and MARKET. Thus, enabling them to pivot and prepare for the new normal. KMME- MME Online will be implemented in the new normal using the Zoom app. It addresses the urgent need for the continued access of mentees to Money, Market and Mentorship (or the 3Ms) without compromising the safety of the stakeholders involved and the overall effectiveness of the comprehensive KMME Programs.
- To provide a platform for existing and aspiring entrepreneurs to learn and be inspired from the entrepreneurial journey of the mentors online;
- To be the channel for capacity building on an online platform using the KMME modules and canned lectures via webinar;
- To provide an avenue for business mentorship of wait listed MSEs across the regions and enhance their resiliency through crisis; and
- To inspire the MSEs to adapt their business strategies, e.g., rebuild/repurpose/retrofit, in responding to the challenges of the “new normal” business environment.
Since its piloting in the 2nd Q of 2016, the KMME Program was able to reach all the regions and 101 provinces/cities in the country. It has benefited 36,508 MSMEs; certified 802 mentors and touched the lives of 12,176 mentee-graduates in the countryside who are now in the process of scaling up their businesses with the guidance of their mentors.
The applicants are screened based on the following qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be a Filipino and resident of the Philippines
- Must be the owner or co-owner of and/or partner of the business
- Business is registered (with documentations)
- Business is operating for at least one year
- Has employee/s and/or manages a team
- Willing to attend sessions on specified schedules
- Willing to enter into a Contract of Commitment
- Three (3) References who can vouch for your business
- Applicants belonging to the ME segment (P3M below) will be given priority
Mentees must have the following tools:
- Laptop/desktop or mobile phone
- Stable internet connectivity (LAN, Fiber Internet or Mobile Data)
- Headset or earphones
- Personal Facebook account- all official announcements will be posted at the Facebook group per batch
Restrictions on mentee admission:
- Mentees should be the owner or successor. Employees of mentee are discouraged to participate. (This employee may set up his/her own competing business with mentee)
- Only one mentee per enterprise shall be admitted to the program
- Only one mentee per family shall be admitted to the program
For more information, you may send email to ROG@dti.gov.ph copy furnish MaIsabelCaguioa@dti.gov.ph or call (+632)7791.3279. You may also visit the DTI Office or Negosyo Center nearest you.